New Look Elle

Hello All,

Welcome to Spring! I must admit January was a long month. It started out well here in Ireland the weather was amazing & it was really warm & then after about a freak week of that it returned to being dark, cold rainy, windy & miserable. I’m so happy February has begun, the evenings are getting ever so slightly brighter and there’s a definite feeling of spring in the air.

Ever since I was a teenager each month I buy an assortment of fashion mags. From early on British Vogue & Elle UK have been a staple part of my fashion mag diet. I look forward every month to seeing what’s in the next installment and what’s made the pages of these glossy institutions.

This month Elle has undergone a major style transformation. It may sound funny but when you read something every month you get use to the format & style of the magazine. When this changes it can sometimes be hard to adjust. Though even from a flick through the new look Elle I’m excited to get reading it. I really admire the Editor Lorraine Candy. She’s a working a mum who is heading a major magazine. It could be easy to lie back on your laurels thinking ‘ah sure it’s an established magazine with a loyal fan base.’ But instead Candy is way ahead of the pack and the transformation of Elle UK is validation of that. In her letter from the Editor Candy explains that the new format coincides with the newly styled web-site, making the magazine more interactive. Also team Elle is now the first editorial team trained to produce exclusive content for the website & the magazine…so go team Elle!

This month’s cover star is Victoria Beckham. I have a love/hate relationship with Mrs Becks. If I’m honest I think the reason for this is that I got it wrong. I didn’t expect Victoria to have made such a fashion storm but she did & rightly so. A Victoria Beckham dress is a definite must have for any woman’s wardrobe and if you missed a design you liked first time round Beckham is releasing some of her labels most desirable pieces again.

Also check out for a little video snippet of Victoria on the shoot for the cover. I’m loving the Hussein Chalayan neon green peplum top she is wearing!

Elle cover elle doodles Elle West End Girls

1. Concerned Citizen
    April 28, 2013 / 11:28 am

Style Whisperer, long time follower, first time poster – whats your opinion on men wearing tshirts underneath shirts? Is this a good look?

• April 28, 2013 / 2:43 pm

Hello long time follower first time poster, good to hear from you. As an expert on all things fashion I would have to say it’s a definite fashion faux pas that shouldn’t be repeated. I would recommend maybe moving away from the shirt & being a little daring & just wearing the t-shirt, maybe even a 1D inspired v-neck to show of the chest. Hope that answers your question 🙂

2. Concerned Citizen
    April 28, 2013 / 4:17 pm

Mmm okay, I’l definitely have to take that into consideration, thanks. I don’t think I can jump on board the “man cleavage” tops bandwagon the 1D boys are fond of. Its a slippery slope that could lead to leather trousers and earrings so I’l have to leave that one on the shelf. Appreciate the advice though. 🙂
    (PS: I’ve heard rumours of a new cutting edge trend of bath matt style jackets, I wonder if you’ve come across this) 😉

• April 28, 2013 / 5:00 pm

It’s unfortunate you feel that way towards the v-neck t-shirt. Sometimes you need to take a leap of faith especially when it comes to fashion. Be adventurous with what you wear & you never know what may happen! In regards to the alleged ‘bath matt’ look I think maybe your untrained style eye has mistaken a very much on trend look for something else…. I’m thinking you need to broaden your horizons 😉

3. Concerned Citizen
    April 28, 2013 / 5:22 pm

Yes, I definitely do have to have to broaden my horizons. However despite my limited fashion knowledge I always remember ‘The Kings New Clothes’ fable… sometimes things look exactly as they are :p but I digress…

Your blog is very impressive – hope it continues to go well. All the best.:)

• April 28, 2013 / 5:52 pm